Monday, November 30, 2009

How do anti-discrimination laws apply to private schools?

Obviously, it's OK to use reasonable discrimination: all boys and all girls schools, for example. I ask because I have a friend in Texas who attends a Catholic school. He is also gay, and recently told his parents. They begged him to tell no one at school, because he could be kicked out. Would it be illegal to kick him out? And if so, is there any form of unfair discrimination in private schools that is actually illegal?How do anti-discrimination laws apply to private schools?
It's private. They can do as they wish.





If someone wanted to start an all gay private school, they'd be welcome to do that as well.





.How do anti-discrimination laws apply to private schools?
I think that Catholic schools should have the right to boot anybody they want. Property owners should have rights too. I am not Catholic, but I respect their beliefs as much as I do your friend's.





If the schools take tax money, the laws are different than if they don't, I believe.
Since they started a public school in NYC for gays only, I would think a private school would be within their rights to exclude gays. Especially at an all boys school.
  • mortgage rate
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    albinism