Saturday, November 28, 2009

How do I apply for my VA home loan, I do not have the certificate yet, but I am eligible. I want to refinance?

http://www.military.com/Benefits/0,14972鈥?/a>





http://www.military.com/





But with rates being still in the 6's (depending on your credit) why not go conforming?





Talk with a broker, a broker underwrites for many company's (I underwrite for 150 companies) so I only have to pull credit 1 time, and they look at my credit. A single lender (not a broker) has programs available, but they may not be able to help you and your situation, so you go elsewhere, and than that person pulls your credit (see what I mean.) If you shop, your credit is pulled and that is considered a soft pull, for a 30 day period. Just like shopping for a auto, it is good for 30 days. If you apply for a credit card, that is considered a ';hard'; pull and it drags down your credit score. When looking for a home, please do not apply for a credit card, Department Charge Card, Gasoline Card or make any major purchases, like a auto, etc. This will pull your credit down.








Try to find someone (broker) that will pull your credit one time, and submit your loan application to company's that will go off his credit report. By the way, a loan application is called a 1003, and they will issue you a GFE (Good Faith estimate, with-in 3 days, that is per the RESPA laws, and the TIL (Truth in Lending). This will tell you the up-front closing cost (etc) associated with your loan. This is a estimate only - not the final - but it does help you figure things out.





Good Luck, and if I can help in any way check out my web site, for links to all the credit reporting agency's and other useful informationHow do I apply for my VA home loan, I do not have the certificate yet, but I am eligible. I want to refinance?
In order to apply you must have both the certificate and DD214. Unfortunately nothing can be done until you have them. I'm a Mortgage Consultant so if you have any further questions please feel free to ask me and you can email me tadgeman@yahoo.com.How do I apply for my VA home loan, I do not have the certificate yet, but I am eligible. I want to refinance?
Why do a VA refinance? There are much better programs available. The VA charges an up front funding fee that ranges from .5% to 3% of the loan amount. This is in addition to any other loan and third party costs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
albinism