Saturday, November 28, 2009

I'm an Australian overseas, getting married soon to a non-Australian. How do I apply for a passport 4 my wife?

What is the procedure?





Which are the forms that I should be looking at?





I was given this address by the consulate: http://www.immi.gov.au/





But it seemed a bit too vast, I don't really know what I meant to be look for on it.I'm an Australian overseas, getting married soon to a non-Australian. How do I apply for a passport 4 my wife?
What your actually after is a spousal visa.





Generally, with the spousal visa, your spouse is allowed to live in Australia, she can then apply for residency but this is a two year process in which she remains on the visa. After residency, comes citizenship.





I suggest you look into obtaining a spousal visa.I'm an Australian overseas, getting married soon to a non-Australian. How do I apply for a passport 4 my wife?
Your fiance cannot get an Australian passport until she becomes an Australian citizen through the immigration process. she does NOT become a citizen simply by marrying an Australian citizen. She must apply for and travel with a passport from her home country. The page below will lead you to info for family immigration for Australia. Sounds like the consulate did not communicate clearly to you that your fiance must immigrate and become a citizen before she can get an Australian passport.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
albinism